State park suggestions

JOHN SCHENCK

I'm planning a family state park camping trip this weekend with our pop up camper we've been to starved rock, K3 and I was thinking of trying to get a site at rock cut state park. Looking for something with wildlife, hiking and scenery with a bit of fishing possibly though it's rough with a two yr old. less than two hours from the near suburbs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated !

Thanks!

if in parke county, go to the visitor's center and get a map of the covered bridges . some of the smaller towns have some interesting stuff . used to be a nice ice cream joint over by raccoon lake st park .

Drive up to MI. Plenty of cheap places. I can make it back home in 2.5 hours (holland to k3). I think it's prettier up, but may be biased. Not the rain issues like down there. Summer steel is running. Can fish a pier and let the kids swim.

If you go to turkey run go to near by Shades state park also. Turkey run has nice hiking trails but I prefer Shades canyon trails more so in some respects. Camping is nice either place and turkey run inn is nice I have stayed there also. Nice area be careful when driving Amish buggies area. Whether hiking canyons or canoeing sugar a favorite area of my family