May meeting- TODAY!!

Dale Bowman, the outdoor writer for the Chicago Sun Times will give a presentation on identifying some of our lesser known urban fishing hot spots. The location for this event will be the Bass pro Shops meeting room in the Bolingbrook store on May 9th at 2:00pm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice meeting, Ed and John. I enjoyed Dale's presentation. There was one particular urban smallmouth fishing spot that Dale showed the group of attendees that had it all: easy parking, easy walking and a spectacular view of the Chicago skyline. I am going to try that one. Also, Dan Basore made an impassioned plea for the need to get good quality, practical fishing gear in the hands of kids to get them excited about this sport and about being out in nature. He feels that the the future of fishing and a protected water source in this country need a new generation of youngsters who really enjoy participating in outdoor activities. I hope Dan posts his thoughts on this issue so the ISA members can see what needs to be done. Here is a picture of Ed with Dale Bowman.

post-32-0-16246500-1431214565_thumb.jpg