Boots without waders ?

k olson

Sadly I do enjoy wet wading when it gets really hot outside but don't poo poo the warnings about wet wading while having open sores on one's legs. A friend over at INSA ended up with a terrible infection on his leg that was quite difficult to get under control which he felt was likely due to wet wading. Also the two worst infectious corneal ulcers that I've treated in 32 years were due to individuals wearing their contact lenses while swimming in a farm pond and the other a small river (there are some ugly critters in there).

And besides, even if you don't develop some drug resistant super bug infection, you might just end up with bigger boobs.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2009-11/what-feminizing-so-many-male-fish-our-rivers

• 3 weeks later...

I too wear neoprene socks with my wading boots while wet wading. I definitely enjoy wet wading over wearing waders. It is a little ironic we worry so much about the potential hazards in the water while wet wading yet most of us live sedentary lifestyles while stuffing all kinds of processed "food" down our throats all day. That's the real health risk. That said, I would caution against wet wading with open sores or wounds.

• 1 month later...

My choice for wet wading where studs are not needed is Cabelas felt soled zip boot.Easier to don/doff & much lighter than wading boots.In your regular shoe size there's no need for neo booties, Inserting foam or gel insoles will cushion nicely on rocky bottoms