POT LUCK PICNIC

Thanks to all who planned, cooked and cleaned up. A lot of great food, friends and fishing- real and talk. I think more fish were caught at the picnic tables than in the Fox, but that's fishing! An Illinois Hall of Fame fisherman was there, and a spot was pointed out to me where the state DNR shocked up 100 smallmouth bass not too far from the picnic site. The things you learn when you participate in ISA activities!

post-32-0-65151200-1407023982_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-74294400-1407023996_thumb.jpg

post-32-0-50154900-1407024014_thumb.jpg

wow! what a great time everyone had at our picnic yesterday.The weather was absolutely perfect,the river was perfect for wading and the food was both plentiful and delicious.My thanks to our own chef Spiz for his expertise at the BBQ grill and to all that contributed to such a bountiful picnic feast.

We had 20 members and family show up for what was a prime social gathering of the I S A and I guarantee that no one left hungry.

Everyone mingled and engaged in social conversation admittedly mostly about smallmouth fishing as you would expect.Dan Basore even brought along some of the latest baits and casting gear to demonstrate to our members.

To all those that couldn't make this outing I can only say that you missed one of the best I S A outings that I have ever had the privilege to attend