20 for 20

Bart Durham

In honor of ISA's 20th Anniversary a goal for our members to catch a 20" Illinois smallmouth this year. Based on recent reports I believe Norm, Eric and Tom are already members. Good luck to all.

Don't forget the Door County trip guys. Myself, Jude, John L., and Ed B. all caught smallies over 20" on our trip. I can't recall if Gregg, Ron, Dick, or Bill got one over 20.

Now I need an Illinois smallmouth that big!

Don't forget the Door County trip guys. Myself, Jude, John L., and Ed B. all caught smallies over 20" on our trip. I can't recall if Gregg, Ron, Dick, or Bill got one over 20.

Now I need an Illinois smallmouth that big!

No 20s for me on this trip either in size or even #s. My biggest up there was this 20+ permit in 2011.My biggest stream smb ever & I believe still the biggest verifiable stream smallie ever on our site was a 21.5" from the Kank back in Aug. '08.Glory days.

post-355-0-71880300-1402674505_thumb.jpg

In honor of ISA's 20th Anniversary a goal for our members to catch a 20" Illinois smallmouth this year. Based on recent reports I believe Norm, Eric and Tom are already members. Good luck to all.

You guys are going off on a tangent. The goal is a 20" caught somewhere in the state of Illinois in the year 2014. This is a pretty high standard. I've caught a lot of smallmouth out of IL waters over the past 30 years but only 2 of them were 20". Some of this depends on where you fish. I also have never fished the Kankakee or Powerton in its hay days. Good luck to all on their quest for the 20" smallmouth.

Great to add John to the 20 for 20 list. Congrats John with added congrats for doing it on a small creek. Keep em coming fellas! Terry, great ideal for blowout. Do you know how to preserve or copy pics from the forum?

Great to add John to the 20 for 20 list. Congrats John with added congrats for doing it on a small creek. Keep em coming fellas! Terry, great ideal for blowout. Do you know how to preserve or copy pics from the forum?

You can copy and paste the pics but they will be too small to use at the blowout if that is the end goal. You'll want originals sized at maximum. Pehaps Eric can assist with this at the end of the year when he does the annual "send me your fish pics for the blowout".

well if you hope to get photos of 20 guys with a twenty inch plus smallmouth 21 guys better do it . no picture as I don't carry a camera. had one smallmouth today just a little south of the 20 inch mark, holding in submerged water willows .

I don't go on pig hunts like I used to when I was obsessed with 20 inch smallmouth. If it happens it puts a smile on my face, if it doesn't I still enjoy the day. Not like the days when any trip without a twenty left me dissatisfied. I prefer the way I feel now .

• 2 weeks later...

I decided I had to get out early this morning in order to avoid the recent canoe & kayak hatches on the Middlefork River. Normally by July 4th the water is too low to support the C & K hatch but not this year, it's still high enough that the local Kickapoo Landing outfitter is doing quite well. Anyway, as they say, "even a blind hog finds an acorn occasionally" so ring me up for the 20/20 club with this 20.5". It's been several years since I landed a 20+ so it was a welcome sight, heck last year I hit 4 states with long rod in hand and couldn't even touch 19".

010a.jpg

Johnny G, I know what I said, but it took me a while to get her in on that 5 wt. rod, then for the life of me, I couldn't find the self timer setting on this new camera so just decided on a couple quick pics and get the fish on her way. I would've have been sickened to think that I caused the demise of a fish that had beaten such odds to get to that age and size.

Johnny G, I know what I said, but it took me a while to get her in on that 5 wt. rod, then for the life of me, I couldn't find the self timer setting on this new camera so just decided on a couple quick pics and get the fish on her way. I would've have been sickened to think that I caused the demise of a fish that beat such odds to get to that age and size.

Well done Rob, and a fine photo taken.