Bob's Banger

Hey guys. I've tied some larger streamers before in the hollow style of Bob Popovic, so I figured I try his popper. This popper was created for saltwater fishing for Bluefish and stripers, but no reason these wont work for smallies. These flies are so easy to tie, especially if you put together a few heads before hand. Just google "Bob's Banger", and you will find a good instructional video from "in the riffle" I believe.

The larger one is a 5/8" cylinder, and 1/2" on the smaller. I am going to by the 3/4" cylinders, and tie up some articulated poppers for Muskie/smallies as well. Ryan

5bsens.jpg

Ryan - What kind of hooks did you use? Did you wrap extra weight toward the rear of the hook so that the fly sink rearward slightly, similar to a chuck bug?

Ryan - What kind of hooks did you use? Did you wrap extra weight toward the rear of the hook so that the fly sink rearward slightly, similar to a chuck bug?

The hooks are Mustad S74SNP, 2/O, 2xh, 4xL. I will use a larger hook for the bigger ones obviously. I didn't wrap any extra weight towards the rear, I did it pretty much exactly like Popovic ties it, like in the video. Ryan