Craft fur baitfish

This is what I was using all day on our float. Just a couple sections of olive fur on top, one white on bottom, black sharpie and glue on eyes. Mike was kind enough to row upstream a few times when I snagged! I brought my tying stuff to work so I could tie up a couple flies at night, and forgot my vise. So I made use of our vice in the shop. Ryan

post-1733-0-70844300-1397508785_thumb.jpg

I've been tying up the same. Very simple.

Yeah, this was the first one I tied up just screwing around with materials on hand. Craft fur has good motion in the water, and I like the fact that it's naturally tapered, unlike EP or other synthetics you have to tie and trim to shape. It worked great with a sink tip, gets down to where you want it real quick. Ryan

One tip I might add or at least what I have found when using craft fur is "to keep the materials sparse". Not a bad suggestion for fly tying in general but if you tie on too much craft fur, you lose movement and transparency. Again they look great

Recipe?

Two different color craft furs, Gama B10s size 4 hook, 8.5mm eyes of choice, sharpie.

-Tie in one clump of olive about 1/4" behind eye

-Tie in second clump(and third if need be), but push clump down so it covers sides of hook as well.

-Tie in white right at the hook eye, also pushing it down to make sure their is no gap between olive and white fur.

- Glue on eyes, add stripes