rabbit swap

Guest rich mc

Guest rich mc

in honor of the Easter bunny ill try to start a rabbit swap.i will add a few patterns for someone to claim and leave a few open for your favorite I will be looking for a due date of may 20.

rabbit leech large and small forrest miller (small)

rabbit strip clouser.?

hairy fodder rob g

woolly bugger with dubbed rabbit body?

topwater with rabbit tail?

bonker zonker rich mc

double clawdad tom loo

barr's bouface t goodmanjii

slumpbuster john loebach

meatwhistle bart

I'm in. I've been tying up some Barr's Bouface Streamers in black, dark olive, and white rabbit strips on a size 4 Tiemco 200r hook. Are we keeping it to a max of 10 tiers?

Now that we have a couple swaps under our belts, I would like to see if we could pick up enough people to do a dozen flies. 13 people, everyone ties 12 flies, and you don't get one back. Just my 2 cents. The flies we have gotten are insanely nicely tied, and it costs the same to mail a dozen as it does 10... We should also let folks know that beginners are welcome too because what better way to challenge yourself than to crank out a dozen of your very best work? Tying for others will force you to take your time and most of the time that translates into a better product. Rich, this is your swap so what say ye?

-Forrest

I'm out. The Great Bunny has brought us enough warmth to loosen the icy grip of Old Nix from the lakes and rivers. I'm going fishing during the hours that would have been spent tying. It sounds like there are some great flies in the swap already; so I I made the decision reluctantly - but only somewhat. I will be thinking of you all while I fish, maybe. :rolleyes:

Meet the Fodders.

Craig tells me that they can be tied in just about any color and be effective but I tend to like the more natural rabbit and its mottled appearance since so often in nature, life has adapted a mottled coloration in order to better blend in with its environment. Oh and Joe Cornwall got me tying this with a fluorescent orange thread which rather disregards my natural camouflage ideas. Ha. Not many flies will produce more lifelike movement with the breathing bunny and the fluttering rubber legs.

Again, my favorite crayfish/jig and pig imitation.

004z.jpg

Meet the Fodders.

Craig tells me that they can be tied in just about any color and be effective but I tend to like the more natural rabbit and its mottled appearance since so often in nature, life has adapted a mottled coloration in order to better blend in with its environment. Oh and Joe Cornwall got me tying this with a fluorescent orange thread which rather disregards my natural camouflage ideas. Ha. Not many flies will produce more lifelike movement with the breathing bunny and the fluttering rubber legs.

Again, my favorite crayfish/jig and pig imitation.

004z.jpg

Rob

It is nice to see the fodder by our own Craig Riendeau. I like the thread color. Gretchen and Al Beatty developed "hot spot" flies a while back. The idea is to add a band of bright material to a traditional imitator as you did here. They even had research that showed certain colors produced better on specific rivers. For example, the Fox might be a red river while the Rock would be chartreuse. Make your fly fishing into an ISA science project.

• 2 weeks later...