I just feel sooo dirty

Rob G

It will flex on the pause; then straighten on the strip. That is where you will pick up some action. It may wiggle a bit more than a std fly in current though current will tend to keep it straight. Good fly rod lure. It ain't no fly because it does not look like an insect. :)

I think there is potential here. How does it hang in the water? More vertical than a regular Crease fly?

John,

not sure just yet. Personally I don't care if it remains on its side while afloat at rest, as long as when I give it a good hard strip, it straightens up, dives, hopefully gives me a little wiggle, then when I pause it rises back to the top and rolls over, like a wounded minnow. Most of the time they will hit it on the pause while it's floating back to the top or even more likely while it's sitting dead on the water. It's been very productive for smallies and my largest bigmouth of almost 6 lbs came on this fly..

Guest rich mc

I wouldn't feel dirty by tying or fishing that fly. speaking of a wounded minnow while I was at the kentuckiana flyshow I had a good conversation with a fan of the shannon streamer they tie it with a length of lead on the left side of the shank. it causes the fly to roll on its side at rest and straighten out on retrieve I love variations rich mc

Interesting concept. I think it has a lot of potential. Rob, if you make the body round like a cylinder and add weight toward the rear then it doesn't matter which way it lays. Just an idea. Cool looking fly.

Interesting concept. I think it has a lot of potential. Rob, if you make the body round like a cylinder and add weight toward the rear then it doesn't matter which way it lays. Just an idea. Cool looking fly.

I think Rob wants it to flop on its side injured minnow style. I have the patent on a round bug with weight (a prop) on the back.

Mine , mine, mine. Stay away, Rob.

DSCF1666.jpg