• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/29/2014 at 11:24 PM, Rob G. said:

OK Mike, I'm lost here

NW Region Fly Tying 1/25/14

The men tied flies while the women in attendance tied up some hare ribbons.

I'm not real sure how they chase the dang rabbits down to tie ribbons onto them but hey.......

They probably think what we do is silly.

OK Rob, To make it perfectly clear, that is Tim's wife in the foreground tying ribbons. Tim tied the gurgler pattern at the Rockford breakfast event. So I thought his swap flies would come with hare ribbons. But now Terry brings up the interesting question of how they catch the hares. Maybe that is how Tim keeps so trim.

Packing them up.

The Stealth Bombers are ready to fly in my custom made swap box.

DSCF1682.jpg

That funny foam head that looks like the Picasso gives this fly great properties. It is a three way fly. The primary mode is diving on a short strip followed by a seductive wobble to back to the service. On a slower retrieve it is a slider. If you give it a hard twitch, it pops. Count on the dark gray Distinctive Husky fur to create a lot of action and a sharp silhouette against the sky when fish look up at it.

I just put the Kreb's Poppers in the mail. I forgot to take a picture. Perhaps Rob will do that when he gets them. I did a variation of the popper where I used silly legs for the "skirt". It is alot like a Hula Popper. All Chart/Yellow. I hope they work out well for you guys!

-Forrest

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to bail on this.

Water main broke near my house and flood my entire basement. Lots lost.

Of course this is where my fly tying bench was.

Again sorry.

Terry,

sorry to hear of your misfortune and can only hope that repair and clean-up goes smoother than expected. Of course no problem about the swap, we'll make sure we're covered there.

There is plenty of time left to find a replacement so the swap stays full. Who's going to take Terry's place? And, Terry best of luck! That sucks.

Yes,

if anyone wants to get in here at this late time and is really motivated, please feel free to contact me but flies would have to BE IN by Feb. 20th.

Thanks.

Does the city offer any compensation in a situation like this?

The city has been here all day. They are going to get tom my house on Monday and yes they are suppose to compensate. We'll see.

Supposedly the city is suppose to be pretty good with compensation in these situations. Let's hope.

Sorry again.

Mike,

I received your flies today. Love the Royal Coachman streamer, should I fish it or keep it with my presentation flies from other famed tyers, hmmm? Tough call.

Rob,

You can use it or gamble on my future fame. I suggest you do both. Use it to catch a 26 inch smallmouth and then put it on display with the replica mount. You are double covered here. If the Coachman does not get the fish, my Bomber will.

I recruited one of my Indiana Smallmouth Alliance brethren to join us and so we are 10 strong again. I look forward to Jack's topwater offering, the Harford Horse Fly.

Also, just got the new fly boxes in that are going into the Blow Out Raffle. These things are built like a tank and have a really nice locking seal, they float like a cork and won't let water seep within. Great bang for the buck, Hatches Magazine, Green Caddis boxes.

So I changed the fly I will be tying. I had been tying a lot of deerhair flies before this swap came about, and quite frankly Im sick of deerhair for a bit! Im going to being tying a design of my own. Its a mix between a gurgler and a Boobie fly I guess, so I will just call it "Krally's boobie gurgler". I will tie it in a variety of colors. Thanks, Ryan

2ce3qzr.jpg