There's a Fly....

There's a Fly in my Biscuits & Gravy

What: There's a Fly in my Biscuits & Gravy (BYOB)

Bring your vise and materials and join in with other ISA Members

for a lite breakfast, coffee, some smallmouth talk, and a bit of fly tying.

Bring the spouse along too as this is a popular venue for shopping for nick-nacks.

When: Saturday January 25 @ 9:00am.

Where: Hearth Rock Cafe, Rockford, IL. - http://www.bensonsto...s_location.html

Please post here if you (and a spouse) plan to attend.

Reserving tables can be set up if there are enough in attendance.

The Hearth Rock Cafe....

393226_10150422217664797_1465733179_n_zp

This is not a competition. It's just a time for good friends to get together and tie a few flies.

Bring a vice and some materials and tie something up.

This is not a competition. It's just a time for good friends to get together and tie a few flies.

That means NOT TIM!!!

I will bring my vise and, having stopped smoking, my two remaining vices, women and alcohol. I hope to have a Bloody Mary with my grits. As for women I will improvise on the spot after I finish the grits.

Terry, I am very happy you will be the opening act for the main event. I get it. It's not a competition. Two completely different leagues. The minors and the BIGS :) I will be there with my wife.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, let's put together a list of attendees.....

1. Terry & wife (?)

2. Tim & wife

3. Mike G

4. Jude & ?

5. Jim S

6. Jordan & Kelly

7. Wes & Connie

(will edit in more names as they confirm)

My guy at the Hearth Rock says that he can reserve tables for us if we are a large group.

Please let me know if you plan to attend.

My wife and I, my brother-in-law Jordan and his girlfriend Kelly, and maybe my father-in-law Wes and his wife Connie. That is four with a possibility of six just in case you can't add:)

Well the NW Region held it's first fly tying event of the year at the Hearth Rock Cafe in Rockford.

The event had a total of 7 participants (5 fly tiers and 2 hair bow tiers) and started off with a light breakfast.

Jude showed how to tie the famous Jude-Bug followed by Tim with his Gurgler, Mike G with a Fluke type fly and

ending with my Killbug. We had two spouses at our table who tied up some hair ribbon bows.

Everyone seemed to get a chuckle out of my 20lbs base for for fly vise but hey, it WILL NOT tip over or move while tying flies.

It was a good time and a nice way to spend some Winter downtime. I enjoy these get togethers where the spouses

come along. We had a float last year where a couple spouses came along and had a good time so I'm thinking about planning a "spouse appreciation" float on this Kish later this year. They do put up with all our crap throughout the year. Fun times for all.

PS Terry, I found that brass disc I was talking about. It is almost 7 inches across and weighs 6.5 pounds. Do you think it is heavy enough to use for a pedestal for my vise? Also since the shaft on my vise is metric, do I have to convert the weight to kgs?