NW Region - JONN GRAHAM

Maybe you lost your glasses considering your age. Hard to see the full length. That's a gorgeous 20"

One of the nicest fish I've seen.

Jim,

I was complimenting Terry on getting John for a speaker using catch as a figure of speech. Sorry that was not clear. As for vision I am 25/20 not too bad for someone who is 71. :)

Have a good day :)

where is the gander mountain lodge room?

Rockford Gander Mountain

3068 McFarland Rd, Rockford, IL 61114

The Lodge Room is in the far back corner of the store where the restrooms, grills and coolers are are.

Kind of makes one wonder if there is anything in those coolers, considering the close location to the restrooms.

Terry is there any chance of piggy backing another event before or after Jonn' s talk. Like a regional meeting, pizza, fly tying... I still can't tie a Jude Bug.

Not this time. Times are already set, flyers already made.

I don't want to toss something new in and cause a state of confusion. Which is easy to do with us northwest guys.

My bad. Since moving to the NW from the western burbs of Chicago, I have not adjusted my expectations. Anyway, while Jonn is up here, are you going to get him out on the KIsh for a shot at Brutus with the float and fly?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm exited to have Jonn come to Rockford. He brings a wealth of smallmouth fishing knowledge. This knowledge he gained from countless hours over many years of chasing smallmouth bass throughout the Midwest. Jonn can speak intelligently about spin fishing, flyfishing, cold water fishing, lure making, paddling and wading techniques. I have a feeling Jonn will spend some time talking about cold water smallmouth fishing. This will give us some tips to bring those first smallmouth of 2014 to hand after the ice breaks away from our local rivers.

• 2 weeks later...

I will discuss cold water tactics. Included will be the fnf along with other tactics and lures I use during the cold water period. In addition, I plan to also touch on early spring tactics like the swim jig. Also, any fly fishermen that are in attendance that want me to tie a few flies, I will do that as well...................looking forward to it.

I will have fnfs and swim jigs for sale at the meeting as well................

Looking forward to it! Hope to see a nice crowd of N.W. guys on hand. (As opposed to a crowd of nice N.W. guys, which probably couldn't be assembled.)

:rolleyes::D

I will discuss cold water tactics. Included will be the fnf along with other tactics and lures I use during the cold water period. In addition, I plan to also touch on early spring tactics like the swim jig. Also, any fly fishermen that are in attendance that want me to tie a few flies, I will do that as well...................looking forward to it.

I will have fnfs and swim jigs for sale at the meeting as well................

Can you tie one of these?

DSCF1438.jpg

Just joking. :):D:):rolleyes:

You may not have a lot of time for tying. Personally I would like to see how you tie the skirt on your Swim Jig. That would make a nice bridge between the small group of fly fishermen and the larger group that uses spin and casting gear.

A BIG THANKS to Jonn and his assistant for making their way up here to the NW Region.

Jonn delivered a very energetic, full of information seminar to room of 15 ISA members.

I really enjoyed Jonns' impression of me giving up on the Float & Fly technique. :)

That was great, Jonn. I risked my life on icy roads NW of Rockford, but it was worth it. I am glad I asked about tying the skirt on the swim jig. You delivered on that one nicely.