Zoo Cougars

Ryan Kral

Hey guys. Just tied up a couple of Kelly Galloups "Zoo Cougars". I have had bad luck the last few times I ordered material, especially with my deerhair. My last few patches have been very short, and the hairs all had a strong bend in them right in the middle of the hair. Anyways, these are basic enough flies, just unhappy with the hair I had to spin with. Ryan

2s8nrix.jpg

Ryan,

they look great. If you find yourself tying a lot of these or just spinning a lot of deer hair, then I would recommend primo deer strips like these, makes the job easier and your heads more fashionable for the discriminating brown or smallmouth. Kelly Galloup in his video where he ties this fly spends a lot time speaking about what he looks for in his premo deer strips. Some good info.

image_7101.jpg

Ryan,

they look great. If you find yourself tying a lot of these or just spinning a lot of deer hair, then I would recommend primo deer strips like these, makes the job easier and your heads more fashionable for the discriminating brown or smallmouth. Kelly Galloup in his video where he ties this fly spends a lot time speaking about what he looks for in his premo deer strips. Some good info.

image_7101.jpg

Thanks Rob, I was actually just looking at these. I will be ordering some soon. I've seen them in the past, just didnt bother. I seem to find myself using deer hair more often now, so may as well spend the few extra bucks. Ryan