The River Rats: First Trailer Released

sambennett

Gary Pack was asking about you the other day. I said we'd still never run into each other out there.

-SB

Gary is a cool and humble dude. We both like high water conditions and also early spring and late fall -- glove weather. That's mostly when we cross paths. Sometimes we cat and mouse trying to beat eachother to the good spots!

I spotted you in St. Chuck with the 'wonder pole' as the floodwaters of spring were receeding.

You gotta figure out how to have your show screen at the Arcada with an after party at the Thirsty Fox. He he.

I put down the Wonderpole. It was an interesting experiment, but ultimately when they get you straightened out on that thing, either the line or the eyelet of the pole are going to fail. It didn't, but I came close enough to see it would happen sooner or later. I don't want to leave a nice fish with a bunch of line hanging out of it's mouth. I'll save it for crappie fishing down at my folk's farm pond.

Heh - yeah man, I hope we can screen it somewhere. Ray's Evergreen, where he shot a great conversation with some locals you'll recognize, have graciously offered up their space. It'll be glove weather. We can all go charm some smallie off the walls afterwards.

I love higher water... Gary even said he's taken time off the water since the fishing's been so slow. I hit some high percentage spots and all I could muster were dinks. I had to fight to get those.

-SB

SAM,I like the crossed rods and skull logo best, I and my grandsons have been calling ourselfs the River Rats for the past coulpe of years now, I love the whole idea.I fish the kankakee and the Desplains but I would love to learn the Fox, especially the lower around Yorkville. Why does no one ever talk about the lower Fox around Dayton dam and up north to Oswego? is accsess harder or fishing not as good. Would love to go fishing with you guys sometime, let me know when would be a good time.

Ken g puts out reports to Dale at the Sun-Times on the lower sections of the Fox somewhat regularly. I haven't spent enough time south of Batavia or north of South Elgin to say. He runs a board. http://www./ not allowed //wd_journal/index.php

I've heard the fishing down in Yorkville can be pretty hot. I think Ken also has a wading map he made that's a good way to get started, but I'm not sure where it's posted.

Mine is a case of convenience. I've got water right out the back door, so that's where I go. Hard for me to justify trips to other areas unless I'm chasing walleyes. I haven't put my time in, so I don't put my time in, etc. My plan to canoe the length of the Fox this summer was derailed by the show and the fact that a buddy who was going to do it with me moved to Michigan. Maybe next year. Our plan was to do a stretch or two each weekend, with a longer multi-day trip from Yorkville to the Illinois.

I love to fish, so feel free to PM me if you're in the area. I wouldn't waste your time right yet. When you see Eric posting monsters again, give me a good week or so to catch up with him, and then come on. ;)

-SB

That is awesome! First label is way cool. I really cant believe the amount of talented members in this club, it just blows my mind

that people know how to do stuff like that and are bad ass fishermen. Maybe I should have played less hockey and not drank so

much in college, oh well.