Sonics

ronk

My 5yr old Simms waders with about twice that in average wear are giving it up.I got a pair of less expensive Orvis Sonics.I don't know if they'll be as durable but they are innovative with a large removable waterproof pouch & shoulder straps that don't have to be taken down when nature calls.Also the booties fit better & are easier to slip out of at the end of the day.

My Simms are still going strong but I was looking for a new pair for my daughter and have researched the Orvis Sonic and they have pretty good ratings. I also looked at the Redington version which came out a few years ago.

Let me know how they hold up!

I've had my sonic seams about a year, no issues yet. I really like them, especially the fit. They don't feel as durable as the simms, but I think they are more durable than they seem to be. I'm not super hard on mine, but they are in the water quite a bit, and then crumpled in a ball in the back of my car the rest of the time, along with a lot of other stuff. I have found the more I abuse something the longer it lasts! When I try and take care of things, something seems to fail. Plus, the guys at Orvis said just bring them back if theirs ever any issues, and they would resolve the problem. Ryan

I had about 20 outing w/ my Sonic now. As Ryan'd stated, very comfortable and well fit. Although, I wear a medium size, but I opted for a large. Needed xtra room for layering for winter steelheading.