new fly

Guest rich mc

• 2 months later...

there is a new fly by blane chocklett called the game changer its made with fish skulls new articulated fish spine. the video shows great action both swimming and diving its on you tube too rich

Blane Chocklett is the subject of a feature article in the latest issue of Fly Tyer (Winter 2013). Besides this Game Changer the article covers many of his other creations. They are very impressive. I did not know he invented the gummy minnow. See the article for his answer on whether it is a fly. Besides that the issue has many other good'um like the Well Fed Pike Fly on outsized EWG hooks.

though I am ever grateful for this discussion of the "Banjo Fly," I have to admit that the whole idea has been right under my nose in a book I have owned for over 50 years.

Hertersc.jpg

Here's the text pp 239 and 240.

Tandem1c.jpg

Tandem2c.jpg

Now, though Mr. Burlingame did not have todays materials for his tandems, I think he had the right idea. Perhaps my old book has more new ideas than one suspects. That's a good Winter project.