new kayak in the fleet

mikea

I'm at the outdoor show in schaumburg and picked up a new boat, couldn't pass on the show discount from Paddle and Trail, plus the club gets there donation as well.

post-1914-0-36335800-1359241260_thumb.jpgpost-1914-0-57781500-1359241323_thumb.jpg

It's a Frontier from Nucanoe, two feet shorter than my 14' Commander and just as stable. I test paddled her in the pool they had set up, come on spring!!

Mike,

is that stable enough to stand in if the water is not too fast and what's the weight? I mean, I know I could probably lift it, but I have this errrr.......friend and well he's not sure he's strong enough to handle a craft like that?

Thanks and cool camo!

Mike,

is that stable enough to stand in if the water is not too fast and what's the weight? I mean, I know I could probably lift it, but I have this errrr.......friend and well he's not sure he's strong enough to handle a craft like that?

Thanks and cool camo!

Here ya go Rob http://www.nucanoe.com/models/frontier/ Nucanoe says its 77lb but thats with out a thing in it, I trailer my yaks so weight wasn't a worry for me.

As for standing it is rock solid, I could stand and paddle, turn around step over the seat and paddle from the rear, turn my feet and body side ways to cast. The key here is the flat standing area the "kayak" has, there is always a trade off though, this thing is not going to paddle like my 14' kayak. although it did track way better than I expected.

I'll do a write up after i fish it for a couple outings, the truth is a pool session will only give you a limited amount of info about a hulls behavior on real water and real fishing time in the seat.