#10. Crafty Leech

Tom L

I got some helps from Tim A on this one. Tim suggested that I cut up the craft fur patches into zonker strips and tied some zonker patterns. That open up a lot new possibilties. The first one I tried was a leech pattern and this is what I ended up "Crafty Leech".

post-1339-0-56233600-1355804306_thumb.jpgpost-1339-0-95080600-1355804308_thumb.jpg

Then I tried cross cutting a craft fur patch into crosscut zonker strip and just palmered it onto a hook; and it naturally formed a minnow profile.

post-1339-0-15302700-1355804227_thumb.jpg

Since I had done many minnows already, I decided not to count this one.

#10 down and 2 more to go.......

Guest rich mc

stop counting and just keep on doing new things. i may try a leech like that but would want to try two strips and attach them sideways so it has a flatter profile . id glue them together with tear mender

your second one with the crosscut strip reminds me of Joseph teaching us the murdered muppet. cut hareline extra select cross cut style about 3/8 of an inch wide.. then s t r e a c h it. it will almost double in length. i think harelines is the only one that does that . rich

i may try a leech like that but would want to try two strips and attach them sideways so it has a flatter profile . id glue them together with tear mender

your second one with the crosscut strip reminds me of Joseph teaching us the murdered muppet. cut hareline extra select cross cut style about 3/8 of an inch wide.. then s t r e a c h it. it will almost double in length. i think harelines is the only one that does that . rich

Rich - That would be a cool fly almost like a double bunny leech.

I tried stretching the strip and it gave a different tecture on the fly. Another really nice way of doing thing. I'll use that on the next fly. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for taking my suggestion and making it look like really really good advice ;) Nice job on both flies. That crosscut minnow has me drooling. There's beauty in simplicity.

Tim - A good advice is a good advice. Thanks again.