Michigan float and camp

Ryan Kral

Hey guys, I am planning on doing a couple day float and camp trip in Michigan the first or second week of November. Anybody have any experience or suggestions? It would have to be long enough to paddle for two days, with camping along the way. I've already done some research, just looking for for some word of mouth. Thanks, Ryan

I lived in Holland Michigan for 14 years and still fish many of the rivers up that way cause my parents live up their. What area of Michigan are you looking at going? Do you care what size river? One thing about November is the rivers are busy with Salmon fisherman. The Muskegon river is my favorite smallmouth river. It is crystal clear, lots of rock patches and timber, easily wade-able/kayak friendly, moves at a good pace but not to fast, and holds tons of quality smallmouth. Their are a couple camp grounds on the river but most of the land is private. Michigan has much better waders rights though.