• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Eric

Eric

ISA Member

• Registrants
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

Since Timmay's Tackle has vanished, I spoke with Raptor Premium Spinnerbaits to produce the EB2 (Eric Bait 2.0), modeled after the old Terminator "white thumper" spinnerbait that I loved to throw. I don't have anything to do with them financially, just wanted somewhere to get them the way I like them -- white skirt/head with single gold-hammered Colorado blade. They come with an Owner hook and are $7 each. I already ordered a dozen of them and my buddy Kevin ordered a ton to fish up in Canada for smallies, pike and musky.

The EB2 is available in 1/4-ounce to 1-ounce. (I fish 3/8- and 1/2-ounce.) Raptor Premium Spinnerbaits are a supporter of the Bronzeback Blowout.

http://www.raptorpre...pinnerbaits.com

Attached File  EB2.jpg   324.3KB   3 downloads

The bait has since been modified to not have the "tail" and the skirt all the same length.

#2 Scott F

Scott F

Treasurer, Membership Director

• Administrators
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

Do you know if they offer them with a closed loop that you tie to?

#3 Eric

Eric

ISA Member

• Registrants
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

I asked and here's what I got back from him:

"Yes, I can and will offer them with a choice if wanted. I am a largemouth bass guy and as a former tournament fisherman, we (tourney guys) like the R-bend wire for ease of changing out lures in a pinch. The Palomar knot is a breeze to make with an open eye R-bend lure instead of fishing the line through a hole! But I can and do understand why some guys like the closed eye versions...within a couple days I'll have the wires in stock for the 3/8 thru 3/4 ounce models!"

#4 Scott F

Scott F

• Administrators
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

For the pike and muskies, a closed loop is necessary when using leaders with snaps. Thanks for checking. Tim made me some baits with the closed loops. A custom maker is just about the only way to get them these days.

#5 Guest_rich mc_*

Guest_rich mc_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:59 PM

a lot of large streamers have tails like that. others have a flashtail made of tinsel that is slightly longer that the tail section  especially a flashtail clouser or flashtail whistler fly.    lure guys are copying flies now    rich mc

#6 Eric

Eric

ISA Member

• Registrants
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:35 PM

Reminds me of the Booyah "Tux & Tails" model

http://www.booyahbai...h-tux-and-tails

It has been around for a while. Somebody probably did it before them.

#7 sambennett

sambennett

ISA Member

• Registrants
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 12:00 PM

Beeeyootiful.

I've been tying flash into all of my buzzers and spinners lately to get the same effect.

Does it work better? Who knows. Those are two baits I've never had any trouble catching fish with. I like the two different lengths in the skirt personally.

It looks pretty.

-SB

#8 kevin summers

kevin summers

ISA Member

• Registrants
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:58 PM

Scott for a few years I have been using a small piece of fuel line (for weed wacker or chainsaw) slipped over the tip completes a O for you to use a snap. I had previously used a small o ring but finding them the right size can be tough. Much easier cutting a piece of tubing and slipping it on.

#9 Scott F

Scott F

• Administrators
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

I've tried that and other variations but none of them worked very well or very long. Those crazy pike tore up everything I tried. It is just easier to get the right bait.

#10 Norm M

Norm M

ISA Member

• Registrants
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

Amen, Scott

#11 Eric

Eric

ISA Member

• Registrants
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:04 AM

There will be an article about Raptor Premium Spinnerbaits in the next issue of Smallmouth Magazine, as well as a half-page ad. Bob Park, owner of Raptor Premium Spinnerbaits, is now an ISA member and advertising supporter. Bob has donated baits to the Bronzeback Blowout in the past.

I have to give credit to Jim Jozwiak and Jonn Graham for turning me on to these spinnerbaits. The new EB 2.0 has been my (and Grant's) go-to for smallmouth and for northern pike. Autumn is a great time to hunt for big bass with a big spinnerbait! If you're not mangling a few spinnerbaits, you're not fishing enough!

#12 Robert P

Robert P

ISA Member & Advertising Supporter

• Registrants
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

The E.B.2 is not only available in the classic White on White as Eric likes them...but I can and will make them in any of the over 70 color patterns available on the website! One of my personal favorites is the "Mean Green" ...looks like a shore frog. Plus if one of the 70+ patterns doesn't work for you...if you can think up a pattern of your own...I can probably make it for you!

And we'll be at the Tinley park Show this year also!

Bob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users