Wisconsin River info needed

Ryan Kral

Anybody have any info on a good stretch of the WI to float? I am looking at the Merril or Stevens Point area as a smallie/musky float. Any advice on launches or takeouts would be great. Most of the info I can find is on the lower WI below the dells, which Im not interested in. Thanks, Ryan

Yeah, I'm aware of them. I really try not to ask guide companies about floating or fishing their home waters unless I have too. I'm sure their nice enough to give me some info, I just don't like it. Ryan

The man to talk with is Gordon P. he knows this river with several different stretches. In fact we did a float trip from Merrill last season. If you are fishing solo it will be tough without a ride back to takeout but it can done according to Gordon with some pedal power. Send him a pm or I have his number if want to get a hold of him. I would love to hit that area again, we landed several big northern & I my first muskie. I can also give additional if needed, I agree about not calling the guides but think they are more in the Stevens pt area anyways. If you got room hit me up.

Thanks. I was thinking about starting in the Merrill area, I heard it's a good stretch from there. I will have a second car, so we'll be doing the shuttle. After I figure out the details, I'd be happy to include one more if this works out. I'm still trying to get the day off work I need. Ryan