Difficulty in opening up the last post on a thread question

Rob G

Can someone please explain to me why all of a sudden, (is it a factor that I'm now using Windows 10?) that when I try to click on the last post of a thread in order to go directly to the last post and avoid opening up the entire thread and slogging thru it, that Windows begins to download as a file but then won't let me open this file...... very strange. Always before, the thead would open right up and the last post would be visible. I don't have this problem with other websites.

Also, when I click on reply that I am about to post, it sends me a php file and I can't see my post pop up imediately.

Hmmmm? Is Terry trying to tell me something or keep me from posting my usual drivel?

Thanks for your input and help.

Rob

There should never be any popups or downloads associated with these forums. You might have a virus or malware you picked up through browsing or through email. Best bet is to ensure you've got the latest virus and malware protection and run a full scan on your PC.

You can also review the help topic on "viewing active topics and new posts"...

http://illinoissmallmouthalliance.net/forums/index.php?app=core&module=help

Eric,

that doesn't seem to be the problem. All scans are clean and this from my work computer which is heavily protected. What pops up some of the time is a "index(1).php" and a microsoft box wants to know how I want to open a .php file. Btw, it only happens on this website, no other forums seem affected. For some reason, my computer wants to download and save these php files. Again, I can open any thread by just clicking on it like usual, this only occurs if I try to go right to the last post of a thread by clicking on the shortcut?

Flytyingforums.com uses this same format for their forums as the ISA and I have no problems clicking on "View last post" and it opens right up. Sometimes when I first log on this site, I can click on the grey date (view last post) and it opens up but if I continue trying this on other threads, then it immediately begins downloading those darn .php files and wants to know how I want to open them.

Totally befuddled.